17 December 2009

A Long Absence For A Great Purpose

My heart feels pain and joy at the same time. It is because I'm going to leave Dhaka tomorrow for over 15 days. It is painful for me because I'll be away from all kinds of communication with you through internet. And of course I'll miss all of your new posts. Anyway, I'll read them after coming back. On the other hand, it is joyful for me because I'm going to my own village, to my parents. It is almost 150 km from Dhaka, the capital city of our country. It will take 6 hours bus journey as our road and transport quality is very undeveloped. My village is very small and remote. Even there is no electricity. However, it is the place, where I've been brought up. When I was a little boy, I played there, ran in the open field, sought bird's nest, rowed boats.I've many memories over there.

Here are some scenes of my Village.

Farmers are collecting jute to get fiber which is called 'the golden fiber of Bangladesh'.


Boat racing




Our Pets





My nephew with a kid in his lap



It ought to be mentioned that I'm leaving for my village with our Bro. Ashario Rony Biswas. He preaches God's Word in our locality. He also lives with his family beside our village. Bro. Nathaniel will also follow us in 21th December. He will preach the Word of God in many places there. It will be a great task for us. Please pray for us.


It's Bro. Rony. He is preaching.

I've become nostalgic on remembering my childhood memories. However it is not just a Christmas vacation, it is a trip of blessing also. So will I call it because I'll have the taste of a vacation with the task of preaching Gospel. Bro. Nathaniel has planed and asked me to arrange a evening preaching meeting at our house. He will also preach there. There will be many people of our village. Please pray for us and them also.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I will pray that your visit home will be both comforting and profitable to the ministry of the Gospel. Thank you so much for your pictures! God keep you safe on your journey, Linda Androvich
    Long Island Baptist Church
    Pastor John Graf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro. Sujon, thank you for this post. I enjoyed reading about your village and the childhood memories you have there. The pictures were very good - I especially like the boat race photos. Please keep us updated about the preaching in your village. You have an unspeakable Gift to present to the lost souls of Bangladesh. We pray they will receive Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just smiled when I read your post Bro Sujon! I know although we are miles apart we have kindred spirit because I love to watch boat races too when I was a boy in Rockford IL! Keep up all the Gospel preaching and our prayers are with you. Keep bringing in the sheaves of souls for our Lord! I loved all the beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete